Now I have a choice here don’t I?? I could document my adventures in NYC coherently, in time order and with proper regard to the journaling process. But, hey, where’s the fun in that? No, I think I’ll document the important things….images, ideas, weird stuff I see. You can get the classic NYC images etc from the guide books, they are way better than me at that stuff. I’m going my own way….as ever.
So, the last 24 or so hours’ worth of nuggets are:
- I am so not a student anymore…I have done with ‘basic’ accommodation. Don’t get me wrong, I knew the trip was budget, the room is pretty much as I expected it would be. No, I mean I’m pretty damn sure that given the choice I’d upgrade any time. Lesson learnt.
- Today’s students don’t seem to party as hard as we did. I may be doing a disservice here, it is only day one, but the biggest party gals and guys thus far are the trip organisers and me and GlamMum, with whom I am sharing. More on her later, but she’s amazing and lovely.
- NYC is HOT…I should be in the hamptons I know, Martha’s Vineyard or similar, but with out the Ralph Laurent linen thing going on.
- Jet lag and PD meds make for strange bedfellows. I was on the edge of losing it last night after 24hours awake and a trip up the Empire State Building. oh, the queues!! And a walk home that involved five extra blocks as I managed to get 42nd mixed up with 47th Street. Doh.
- I love NYC delis and pharmacies. I have indulged my love of both so far and had a picnic of Vines And pretzels last night in my palatial bunk bed (I got the bottom one, curse you PD)
- I love American breakfasts…I’ve just polished off French toast with sausage and maple syrup. Coffee going down a treat. First sketch of the day done. Hurrah
- I’m braver than I thought. I don’t mind admitting. I was trepidatious before this trip. Would me and uncle parky cope?! Well, walking home last night I decided we would. Double hurrah.
- I’m impatient…today is cool shopping day, so I’m signing off now. Bleeker Street here I come. Pictures and words will continue in my normal ad hoc random style.